We specialize in helping people with financial problems
Wiggam & Geer, LLC handles all tax resolution matters including:
- Stopping IRS and state collection actions such as wage garnishments, bank levies, and asset levies.
- Challenging IRS and Georgia Department of Revenue tax assessments before the U.S. Tax Court and Georgia Tax Tribunal.
- Representing clients at appeals conferences, collection due process hearings, equivalent hearings, and CAP (collection appeals program) hearings.
- Filing penalty abatement requests, protests, audit reconsiderations, and requests for innocent spouse relief.
- Negotiating tax settlements through an Offer in Compromise, bankruptcy, or partial pay installment agreement.
- Negotiating installment agreements, currently not collectible status, and collection freezes.
- Helping taxpayers who have unfiled tax returns minimize their criminal exposure and tax liability with Voluntary Disclosure Requests.
- Assisting taxpayers with undisclosed foreign bank accounts and assets, including late FBAR filings, streamlined offshore compliance procedures, and the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP).
- Representing business owners with payroll and employment tax issues.
- Defending taxpayers with “trust fund” recovery penalty issues.
- Assisting taxpayers with tax lien issues such as federal tax lien discharges and federal tax lien withdrawals.
- Working closely with clients and CPAs in devising strategies to minimize potential taxes, penalties, and interest.
- Helping taxpayers navigate the Georgia inheritance tax and Georgia estate tax.
If you need help with any of these matters, please call Wiggam & Geer, LLC at 404-609-1300 or complete the form on the right side of this page for a consultation.
Tax Case Results
Tax problems are more common than you think. About 26 million taxpayers currently are facing a federal or state tax issue. These taxpayers are not criminals. They are regular people with good intentions and their tax issue is due to something beyond their control. If you are facing financial issues, an illness in your family, divorce, loss of employment, or a down year for your business, you aren’t alone. Wiggam & Geer is here to help.
We are dedicated to successfully resolving your tax issue and putting your mind at ease. Although we cannot guarantee a specific result in any case, we have been able to save our clients significant amounts of money. The client successes we’ve achieved have resulted in savings of over $5+ million.
See Our Case Results.
Tax Attorneys Atlanta GA
Call the affordable tax attorneys at Wiggam & Geer to talk with an experienced tax lawyer at 404-609-1300.